Kick London is run by a dedicated team of staff, trainees and volunteers. We’re always looking for excellent people to join us.
We also regularly have opportunities for interns and work experience students to join our staff team. These are short term opportunities for you to help us, while we help you to learn coaching and other skills needed to work with young people.
Development & Innovation Manager
Main Workbase Kick London HQ
Hours of work Full-time
Line Manager Chief Executive Officer
To grow Kick London’s work across schools, churches and communities to see our vision for having a Kick London coach in every community in London that would like one and then go wider. Manage a team of coaches and contribute to the strategic and spiritual direction of the charity. The role would have an eye on operational management to ensure that our service is delivered with excellence to our key stakeholders in Schools, local churches and community partners as we deliver our mission to transform lives. To deliver some values driven sports coaching and mentoring to learners.
Business Development (30%)
- Working closely with the CEO to sell Kick London’s products and services to Schools, Churches and Community Groups.
- Pitching to Schools for services and involved in developing marketing resources for Kick London services
- Working together with other Managers at Kick to enhance quality practise across Kick London and raise standards in coaching and mentoring.
- Create and design new provision to develop new services, which can be promoted to schools. Creating new resources, a SoW and developing a team for this area as it grows
- Full line management of coaches – responsible for team performance. Co-ordinating regular team meetings and devotionals.
- Liaise with local Schools to ensure practise is of a high standard, schedule coaches timetables and arrange cover from sessional pool where necessary.
- Embody our values and drive our staff to uphold behaviours of outstanding practise
Delivery of Coaching and Mentoring (40%)
- Delivery of sports coaching with a values application to every lesson from Kick London’s SoW.
- Providing Solutions Focused Mentoring provision, which is fully distance travelled assessed to demonstrate progress and prove impact.
- Seek to live out our values in interactions with young people across the schools we deliver services.
- Committed to development of practise and learning new sports
For a full job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Coaches and Dance Coaches
Contact email@example.com for full job description.
To deliver Kick London sessions in, but not limited to, schools, weekend academies and community projects. Coaches will be able to:
- Help young people develop their sports and life skills.
- Serve schools, churches and community groups with quality sports programmes.
- Use sports skills and themes such as teamwork, passing and goals, to illustrate and consider life issues and Christian values such as respect, self-worth and making good choices.
- Achieve the vision of “Transforming young people’s lives by God’s love through sport”.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should include the following areas, and should be written with the job description and person specification in mind.
1. How are your skills and experience relevant to this post?
a. Tell us about your passion for sport
b. Please include your experience of working in schools.
c. What sports coaching experience do you have, particularly with under 16s?
d. How have you incorporated appropriate values (e.g. fair play) in to your coaching?
2. Please tell us about your Christian experience. This is important as Kick London is a Christian charity and the role involves sharing your faith.
a. How could your understanding of Christianity be incorporated in to sports coaching?
b. We engage with local churches to run Kick London academies and other projects. Tell us how you are involved in church (and other Christian groups’) activities.
3. How are you suited to leading and developing the work of Kick London? Provide examples from previous experience.
4. What makes you stand out from others to make us bring you in for interview?
We look forward to hearing from you.